Centerfield, often described as a shoot-off of Gunnison, is a charming farm community nestled between Axtell and Gunnison. It is hard to ignore the cozy, small-town feel of the area, even if you are just driving through on your way elsewhere.
Originally referred to as “The Field” or “South Field”, the area was brimming with fertile soil which convinced many settlers to move in. The nickname “Skin Town” was given after many cattle that died to unfortunate weather conditions were skinned to preserve their resources. Strengthening community spirit led to a renaming of the city to Centerfield.
- Population: ~1,367
- Married Households 63.5%:
- Median Age: 30.2
- Median Household Annual Income: $44,306
- Median Home Price: $117,271
- School District: South Sanpete School District
- Distance From Salt Lake: 127 mi (~2 hrs)
- Centerfield, Utah Climate Data
- Community Website
Events, Activities and Amenities In Centerfield
As a Realtor serving Centerfield and surrounding areas, I have a lot of knowledge to share. Contact me for more information.