Chester is a beautiful unincorporated city centrally located in Sanpete County. The town features open roads framed with lush farmland, lightly dotted with homes. Easy access to the rest of the county makes the area ideal for aspiring farmers or anyone who really loves country living.
Farmers and their families moved in from surrounding cities to settle Chester in the 1870’s. The ward was named Chesterfield after David Candland’s homeland. The post office shortened the name, and it has remained that way to this day.
- Population: ~230
- Married Households: 17%:
- Median Age: 35.5
- Median Household Annual Income: $153,259
- Median Home Price: $181,500
- School District: South Sanpete School District
- Distance From Salt Lake: 109 mi (~1.67 hrs)
- Chester, Utah Climate Data
Events In or Around Chester
As a Realtor serving Chester and surrounding areas, I have a lot of knowledge to share. Contact me for more information.