Image via Ken Lund Flickr
If you’re looking for the country life with city amenities, Ephraim, Utah is the place for you. Ephraim is the largest city in Sanpete County, and is continuing to grow at a steady pace.
The city of Ephraim was founded in 1854 and used as an important fort during the Black Hawk War. The security of the fort attracted a number of new settlers, many of them from Scandinavian countries, who established farms in the area.
In 1888, the LDS Sanpete Stake Academy, a community college, was built. The population significantly increased as a result. The college was eventually handed over to the state and renamed Snow College, to honor two prominent LDS church leaders. The college continues to be an important employer in the city.
- Population: ~6,400
- Married Households %: 52.6
- Median Age: 20.6
- Median Household Annual Income: $42,988
- Median Home Price: $174,760
- School District: South Sanpete School District
- Distance From Salt Lake: 117 mi (~2 hrs)
- Ephraim, Utah Climate Data
- Community Website
Image Via Ken Lund Flickr
Events, Activities and Amenities In Ephraim
- Scandinavian Heritage Festival (May 23-25)
- 2015 Writer’s Conference (April 10-11)
- Sanpete Gives Back Co-Ed Softball Tournament (June 12-13)
- Ephraim City Historical Tour
- Outdoor Hiking Trails
- ATV and Dirt Biking
As a Realtor serving Ephraim and surrounding areas, I have a lot of knowledge to share. Contact me for more information.