Life can be hectic. There are always those quiet, private moments when you might dream of experiencing life at a slower pace. Mount Pleasant can make that dream a reality.
In 1890, the railroad brought prosperity and a way of life that is still reflected in the town’s untouched architecture. Home to Wasatch Academy, this small city, and the simple life it provides, attracts students and visitors from around the world.
The first attempt at settling Mount Pleasant didn’t go well. Tensions with the Indians were still high and drove people to larger towns for safety. However, when the smoke cleared in 1859, the Mormon settlers were able to establish a town and the growth still continues today.
- Population: ~3,278
- Married Households %:57
- Median Age: 30
- Median Annual Income: $43,366
- Median Home Price: $141,410
- School District: North Sanpete School District
- Distance From Salt Lake: 105 mi (~1 hr 37min)
- Ephraim, Utah Climate Data
- Community Website
Events, Activities and Amenities In Mount Pleasant
- Hub City Days (~4th of July)
- Fly-In at Mt. Pleasant Airport (September)
- City Bucks for Christmas
- Mt. Pleasant Rodeo
- ATV Trails
- Hunting and Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Adult and child sports leagues
- Horseshoe Mountain Lodge
- Sanpete Valley Hospital
- Historic Main Street
- Wasatch Academy private secondary boarding school, Oldest secondary school still operating in Utah
As a Realtor serving Mount Pleasant and surrounding areas, I have a lot of knowledge to share. Contact me for more information.