Sterling, Utah, known as the gateway to Palisade State Park, is a spectacular place to unleash yourself into the wild. Cool off in Palisade Lake during the summer or heat things up with your snowmobile in the winter. This is a tiny city offering up big fun for the whole family!
Sterling was settled by some of the Pettyville pioneers. They only had squatters rights in Pettyville because it was considered part of an Indian reservation. Later, the government granted them the right to survey the land currently known as Sterling. Some moved to this town and others headed off for Manti.
- Population: ~274
- Married Households %: 80
- Median Age: 31
- Median Annual Income: $45,363
- Median Home Price: $153,830
- School District: South Sanpete School District
- Distance From Salt Lake: 137 mi (~ 2hrs)
- Sterling, Utah Climate Data
- Community Website
Events, Activities and Amenities In Sterling
- Palisade Golf Tournament (May 15-16, 2015)
- Palisade 3-Man Scramble (March 21, 2015)
- Palisade State Park Fishing Tournament (May 9, 2015)
- OHV Riding
As a Realtor serving Sterling and surrounding areas, I have a lot of knowledge to share. Contact me for more information.