Before I was a Realtor, I was a home buyer just like you. I remember how stressful buying a home can be.
When I purchased my current home and two rental properties in Sanpete County, I was not yet a Realtor. The buyer’s agent I chose proved invaluable when making these purchases. Now that I am a Realtor, my experiences personally and professionally help shape the strategic advice I offer to every buyer as their buyer’s agent.
Should you use a buyer’s agent to buy your next home?
A buyer’s agent’s number one job is to represent the buyer during a real estate transaction. They are paid a commission by the seller of the property at no cost to you.
Employ a buyer’s agent to secure help with:
- Identifying your most important needs and wants and locating properties that fit those stipulations.
- Determining the amount you can afford and showing you properties in that price range. (Pre-Qualify)
- Previewing properties for you to ensure they fit your specifications and then accompanying you on scheduled showings.
- Answering any questions you may have during the process and providing advice so you can make informed decisions.
- Evaluating properties of interest to uncover any problems or issues with a property that may impact your purchase or negotiation.
- Penning offers on a property for you while advising on an appropriate offer.
- Negotiating on your behalf to purchase a property and keeping your best interests in mind.
- Helping to secure financing for the property.
- Furnishing a list of qualified vendors, such as appraisers, inspectors, and movers.
You might be thinking, “I will use the seller’s agent so I can negotiate a lower price since the seller doesn’t have to pay a buyer’s agent.” Think again…
- A listing agreement between the listing agent and the seller includes a predefined commission structure for the listing agent and a buyer’s agent. The seller has already agreed to pay commissions before you negotiate your offer.
- Using the listing agent means the listing agent will collect the buyer’s and seller’s commissions. Which leads to a conflict of interest for the agent and in turn a problem for any buyer.
It seems like using the listing agent would not be in your best interest because of their listing agreement. Plus, using a buyer’s agent you select will cost you nothing while giving you a strategic adviser that represents only your interests.
Why use David Sedlak as your buyer’s agent?
Aside from the basic duties we talked about above, I pride myself on going above and beyond for you. I do this by promising to:
- Do my absolute best to find you a home in the area that fits your budget, loan type, wish list, needs list, and location requirements while negotiating the best overall deal.
- Protect your private information and always disclose to you if I am working with another buyer interested in the same property.
- Return your calls in a prompt matter.
- Show you the properties you request while scouring the MLS and pocket listings for properties that best fit your needs.
- Investigate any possible FSBO, For Sale By Owner, properties that fit your needs. Not every Realtor finds value in contacting FSBO sellers.
- Refuse to work with any vendor or other client who will put my loyalty to you in a compromising situation or create a conflict of interest.
- Help guide negotiations so we can get the most out of your local buying power.
- Provide local knowledge of the real estate market in Sanpete County with regards to property values.
- Help facilitate the completion of all documents and offers, including contingencies. I am a Realtor full-time, as opposed to being in the business part-time or as a hobbyist. As such, my contract writing skills are at the professional level.
- Do everything in my power to ensure your property will close successfully.
- Show you I am 100% loyal to my buyers and always tell you the truth even if you don’t want to hear it.
When you choose to work with me, you will be treated with the respect you deserve. You will never be talked into anything you are uncomfortable with. I insist you ask lots of questions and make all of your decisions with the utmost confidence.
The best buyer’s agents don’t just find a home you may have already seen online. They increase your chances of finding the perfect property while staying on budget. Remember, if you choose to represent yourself during a real estate transaction, you are passing up on free advice and expertise that you don’t even have to pay for.
So, when you are shopping for a home in Sanpete County, give me a call. I will be happy to show you what a dedicated buyer’s agent can do for you.
David Sedlak, Realtor
Sanpete Valley Realty LLC
415 S. Main
Ephraim, UT 84627
Direct: (435) 210-1672
Office: (435) 283-6626
Schedule a Showing.
Get a free home evaluation.
Still not sure you’re ready for a buyer’s agent? It’s OK! I will be here when you are ready. Until then, read some of my blog articles for buyers.